Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Who Needs London, Wales or Paris?


When I say who needs London, Wales or Paris the answer is me. Nevertheless our trip was canceled due to the volcano in Iceland. So be it. Instead, we took a trip to visit relatives in the South. I discovered that there was plenty to offer to replace those tourist sites we had hoped to see overseas. Here's what I mean.

The traffic at Piccadilly Circus is almost always zooming. Not quite so in Winchester,VA.



We were not so naive as to think we would see the Prince and Princess of Wales on our trip. However, we did run into the Prince and Princess of Whales in SC.



We had planned an excursion to see the Lloyd's of London building. Instead, we checked out Lloyd's of Simpsonville in SC.



I love to go to the zoo. We were quite satisfied when we found this zoo in Fountain Inn, SC to replace the visit to the London Zoo.



Winchester Cathedral would have been great to see. However, there are numerous interesting churches in the South.



Here in SC, we do not torture people in our towers, like they did at the Tower of London.



It would have been quite the treat to meet the Queen Mother. I was fortunate to meet the Queen Muther instead in Simpsonville.



We missed Buckingham Palace, but our visit to the Pooch Palace was quite interesting.



Too bad Louis and Susan did not get to Paris. However, I am pretty sure this clerk in the food store was named "Fifi".



You can see Big Ben in T.J.Maxx most any day.



If you think the London Eye is cool, check out this eye.



Conwy Castle was canceled, but we found a castle in NC anyway.



We had our hearts set on fish and chips. Lucky for us, we found a replacement restaurant in VA.



You know, I am not sure if I will ever travel abroad again. Why should I? It is all right here at my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment